Important information and who we are
1.Purpose of this privacy notice:
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how CNC collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or service, or take part in a competition, sign up to the forum. This website is not intended for people under the age of 18. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Christ N Chill is the data controller and responsible for any personal information provided to us when you use our services (collectively referred to as "CNC", "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights (as specified in section 7 below), please contact the DPO using the details set out below. Our contact details are: Email address: Christnchill@gmail.com
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance. Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes. This version was last updated in March 2020.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth.
• Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose.
Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. If you fail to provide personal data where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Technical and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
(a) apply for our products or services;
(b) create an account on our website
(c) subscribe to our service or publications;
(d) request marketing to be sent to you;
(e) enter a competition, promotion or survey;
(f) react to marketing posts on our social media forums (including but not limited to our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram pages); or
(g) give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website and the emails we send to you, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Where we have your consent to do so.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data:
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
• We may use your information to:
- Register you as a new customer/member
o Legal Basis (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests
- Process and deliver your order including:
o To manage payments, fees and charges
o To collect and recover money owed to us
- Legal Bases (a) Performance of a contract with you; (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
- Manage our relationship with you which will include:
o Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
- Legal Bases (a) Performance of a contract with you; (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation; (c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
- Enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
o Legal Bases (a) Performance of a contract with you; (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/ services, to develop them and grow our business)
- Administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
o Legal Bases (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise); (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
- Deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
o Legal Basis (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/ services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- Use data analytics to improve our website, products/ services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
o Legal Basis (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and inform our marketing strategy)
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
o Legal Basis (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/ services and grow our business)
5. Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with third parties for the purposes described in paragraph 4 above. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. We will continue communicating to you whilst you engage with our services and make purchases from us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information. If you wish to have your data deleted, or have any questions regarding our data retention, please contact our DPO. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
7. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the DPO for Subject Access Rights.
No fee usually required:
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you:
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond:
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
8. Chat Rooms, Forums, & Message Boards
Christ N Chill (CNC) incorporates reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, or wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that CNC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to CNC via its Web Site, and you do so at your own risk.